important tips to keep your account and information secure.
Security is a top priority at Inland Bank and it should also be yours. Below you’ll find several ways to protect your accounts and information.
Update Your Contact Information
In the event that an issue happens with your account it’s critical that we have your current contact information on file, including:
- Home and Mobile Phone
- Email address
You can verify your contact information in one of the following ways:
- Stop by your local branch to update your information in-person;
- Call your local branch or our Contact Center at 1.877.908.6555 to update your information over the phone, or:
- Update your contact information while logged into online banking by following these steps:
- Select Settings and then select Address Change
- You will see the current address, phone numbers and email address that we have on file for you. Please note that depending on the primary accountholder, the mailing address of your account statement may be different than what is listed. Your estatement email address may also be different from what is listed To change your estatement email address, select Settings and then Statement Delivery.
Choose A Secret Word
The next time you stop by a branch request to add a secret question and answer to your account. Once selected you may be asked for the answer to your question to verify your identity prior to completing some transactions with bankers in-person or over the phone.
Choose Strong and Unique Passwords and Update Frequently
This may seem like obvious advice, but your choice of password can create an opening for hackers, even if you don’t realize it. Here are some tips for creating stronger passwords for banking online:
- Choose longer passwords, such as a phrase rather than a single word.
- Use a mix of upper and lowercase letters.
- Include numbers and special characters.
- Avoid common sequences, such as “1234.”
- Avoid using personal information, such as your name, pets’ names, date of birth, etc.
- Don’t store your login details in your online banking or mobile app.
- Remember to update your online banking passwords regularly. Changing them every three to six months could help lower the odds of your password being stolen or decoded by hackers. Also consider using a password manager to store and protect your passwords, which can make using those longer and more complicated passwords easier.
Sign Up for Alerts In Online Banking
Alerts and notifications are one of the easiest ways to stay on top of your banking activity and to monitor security. The kinds of alerts you may want to set up include notifications for new debit transactions, failed login alerts, password change alerts and outgoing wire transfer alerts.
Download and Setup the Card Valet App
Inland Bank is proud to offer CardValet®, the mobile app that lets you control debit card usage and spending on the go for personal and business Inland Bank Debit Cards. CardValet empowers you to take a proactive approach in setting controls that complement the fraud protection already in place with your account. Features include:
- Instantly lock and unlock your card. You decide when, where and how you want your debit card to be used.
- Set and remove spending limits. This is a great way to stay within your budget!
- Set transaction controls.
- Specify where transactions are allowed.
- Specify the type of merchant that is acceptable for card use – such as gas stations, travel, restaurants, home improvement stores and more.
- Receive real-time card purchase push alerts.
- Monitor transactions to know when and where your card is being used.
- Review your card activity.
Update Your Devices
Make sure that device you are using to access your bank accounts is running the latest software and security patches are up to date.
Security and fraud prevention Videos
If you have questions please visit our Contact Us page or call our Contact Center at 1.877.908.6555.